Monday, September 19, 2011

GOOD ATTITUDE: Something we really need to buy!

          It was a long holiday. So, I decided to go home at Baguio City. From Umingan, I have to ride a Jeepney going to Carmen,Rosales. I am with some of my colleagues and our student assistants. Anyway, they are all from Tarlac, making me the only the thorn among the roses. The trip from Umingan to Carmen takes almost an hour for the distance is around twenty five kilometers.  The scenery are of a typical rural community: green lush fields, thick fruit-bearing trees, a long high way and some couple of small concrete bridges. I am not used to these for I am a home-grown of the City of Pines. Choosing a "promdi" life over my nightlife and metrolife is hard but self-fullfiling. I'm close to nature (mango trees,cows, goats and chickens) and away from the city mayhem.


          The Jeepney heads to the terminal just beside SM City Rosales and the bus stop going to the North is just at the entrance of the establishment. When I travel, I am used to stopping over an American or Chinese fast food chain to eat and buy extra food from the Hypermarket: usually two rolls of California Maki. But this time, I got lazy to eat so I went straight to the hypermarket and bought a  can of shoe string potatoes, two packs(one large and one small) of corn chips, a bar of cookies and cream chocolate, a pouch of dark chocolate coated raisins and a medium-sized black forest pearl shake. I went out of the mall and joined the big mass of people in the bus stop area. I stood in front of the pizza restaurant and patiently waited for the bus going to Baguio. After fifteen minutes, a bus arrived. I rode this fully air-conditioned Victory Liner Bus and as I felt the cool damp temperature inside the public vehicle, I was reminded of Baguio City and it aroused my excitement to see the verdant hills, the crazy streets and the busy people of  Baguio. During the trip, I started to dig in the small pack of Kornets and afterwards, the pack of chocolates.  I was not yet satisfied so I pitched in  the can of  shoestring potatoes. I was not used to this, I badly need to eat a heavy meal. Fortunately, we had a stop over in Pozzorubio, still in Pangasinan. I roamed around the stop over areas; looking at the food stalls, stores and restaurants. I came to stop in front of a doughnut stand. The vendor(if that's the right term) is not there but I patiently looked around to see someone designated in that area. I was distracted when a voice spoke, it was her; she politely apologized for keeping me waiting. I just smiled to answer that it's all right. She asked for my order. I ordered a classic Bavarian doughnut and a chocolate Bavarian doughnut. I was telling my order when a young lady (sixteen or seventeen in age) grumpily butted in asking if a can of soda is available. I looked at her from head to toe. She has lion brown hair, a dried hair effect(LOLZ), she's wearing a "Chicana"; a long sleeve checkered polo(got that term from my seventeen year old sister). The lady in the stall politely gestured that I am still there; ordering (as so obvious). I asked politely if their coffee is available to show how to ask a question with manners and right social graces. She answered back that yes, it's available. Then, for heaven's sake, that teenager butted again ordering for one can of soda. It irritated me. If I could just get that can, open it and pour it on his head to wake her up or if I could just insert the whole can of soda inside her mouth,the hell I will. The stall lady looked at me and I slowly nodded. She gave that can of soda to that teenager. And guess what's the next thing she did? She just forcefully put her payment on the glass. HELL! That was so rude and then she left without saying thank you.


          Some parents really could not teach their children good attitude. If that food stall just sell good attitude; I would buy some and give it to that teenager. As much as possible we should know how to deal with other people. Your actions show what kind of family you came from or what kind of environment you live in. It's a shame for the parents of that lady because they could not if not  educate  their children; they have to train them to have good manners and right conduct.     

No comments:

Post a Comment